Auf einen Blick
- Ukraine marked the sixth anniversary of Russia’s invasion on February 24th.
- President Zelenskyy declared that “Russia must lose in Ukraine” and argued that its forces can be defeated this year.
- Russia has become the most sanctioned nation in the world over the past year.
- Ukraine’s military reported 27 Russian airstrikes and 75 attacks from multiple rocket launchers in the most recent 24-hour spell.
- French President Macron and German Chancellor Scholz have discussed a peace plan proposed by China.
Ukraine Marks Anniversary of Russia’s Invasion
Ukraine marked the sixth anniversary of Russia’s invasion on February 24th, with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy declaring that “Russia must lose in Ukraine” and arguing that its forces can be defeated this year.
Zelenskyy also pushed for more sanctions pressure on Russia after the U.K., U.S. and the European Union all announced new measures aimed at further choking off funding and support for Moscow.
Russia Prepares for Nuclear Weapons Tests
Russian President Vladimir Putin said this week that Rosatom and his Defense Ministry need to work on ensuring that Russia is ready to resume nuclear weapons tests if needs be.
Russia has already become the most sanctioned nation in the world over the past year, targeted with sanctions by more than 30 countries representing more than half of the world’s economy.
Ukraine’s military reported 27 Russian airstrikes and 75 attacks from multiple rocket launchers in the most recent 24-hour spell.
Yevgeny Prigozhin, owner of Russia’s private military company Wagner, claimed on Saturday that his fighters have “completely taken over” the village of Yahidne on the north outskirts of Bakhmut.
French President Emmanuel Macron said Saturday that he aims to discuss peace efforts related to the Ukraine war with China when he travels there in April.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said Saturday that he welcomed parts of the peace plan for Ukraine proposed by China, but disagreed with other aspects.
It remains to be seen if the plan will be successful in bringing an end to the conflict between Ukraine and Russia.
Das tut uns leid.
Bitte helfen Sie uns, die Voreingenommenheit zu erkennen, indem Sie alle voreingenommenen Sätze hier kopieren und einfügen ...