Auf einen Blick
- Explosion occurred over a factory in Belgorod region near Kharkiv, Russia
- The blast started a 170ft fire and caused nearby windows to shatter
- The facility produces parts for recently attacked bridge in Crimea
- No casualties reported
- Unexplainable fires and explosions have occurred in Russia since Crimea’s invasion
- Some allege that Russia could be preparing for large-scale assault with up to 500,000 troops
- Blast has caused worry in the region, but next steps of Russia and Ukraine are unclear
Today, an Explosion in Belgorod
An explosion over a factory in Belgorod region near Kharkiv, Russia ignited a 170ft fire and caused the windows of nearby buildings to shatter.
According to the Belgorod region governor Vyachenlav Gladkov, no one was injured and there was no word of casualties.
Casualties and Allegations
The facility produces parts for the bridge in Crimea, which was attacked earlier this year and partially collapsed, and is the presumed epicentre of the blast. Video showed a stunning blaze in the area and witnesses said they heard firing.
The incident follows an extended series of unexplainable fires and explosions in Russia since the start of the supposed invasion of Crimea.
In light of the approaching anniversary of the invasion on February 24, some allege that Russia could be preparing for a major assault in the imminent future with up to 500,000 troops.
The Impacts and the Unclear Future
The source of the fire is yet to be determined, but its effects have been felt throughout the region as worries build for potential future clashes between Ukraine and Russia in the months ahead.
It remains unclear what the next steps of both entities will be.
Das tut uns leid.
Bitte helfen Sie uns, die Voreingenommenheit zu erkennen, indem Sie alle voreingenommenen Sätze hier kopieren und einfügen ...